Centuries: 3rd century BC - 2nd century BC - 1st century BC
- March 27 - Council of Priests at Memphis pass a decree praising the deeds of Ptolemy V, which is recorded on the Rosetta Stone.
- At the Isthmian Games, the Roman Titus Quinctius Flamininus proclaims the Greeks to be a free people.
- Rome subjugates Comum in northern Italy.
- Lucius Stertinius erects triumphal arches in Rome to commemorate his victories in Spain.
- A new category of Roman priests, the tresviri epulones, are elected to supervise the feasts of the gods; the first three are Gaius Licinius Lucullus, Publius Manlius, and Publius Porcius Laeca.
- Hannibal takes control of the government of Carthage in order to end widespread corruption.