Centuries: 2nd century BC - 1st century BC - 1st century
- Marcus Antonius Roman politician and general (suicide).
- August 12 - Pharaoh Cleopatra VII of Egypt (suicide).
- August - Pharaoh Ptolemy XV Caesarion of Egypt (executed).
- Alexander Helios, Claimant King of Armenia, Media and Parthia (probably executed).
- August 1 - Roman general Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus captures Alexandria. This marks the official annexation of Ancient Egypt to the Roman Republic.
- August - With the suicide of Cleopatra VII of Egypt and the execution of Ptolemy XV Caesarion the Ptolemaic dynasty, the last dynasty of Ancient Egypt comes to an end. The year counts as the first year of Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus' personal reign in Egypt.