Cispadana and Transpadana were merged (and also the province of Novara) and the Cisalpine Republic was created on June 30, 1797.
Cisalpina adopted flag on May 11, 1798. It was occupied by Austria (1799) and was restored (1800) after the Battle of Marengo. In January 1802 it took the name of Italian Republic (later, 1805, Kingdom of Italy (1805-1814) ).
See also: Cisalpine Gaul