Otolaryngology is a branch of medicine that specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose and throat disorders. Practitioners are called otolaryngologists, or sometimes otorhinolaryngologists. Used to be, and sometimes still is called ENT (ear nose and throat).
- Sinusitis - acute, chronic
- Laryngitis - inflammation of larynx and vocal cords producing hoarsness
- Tonsillitis - inflammation of tonsils producing pain, odynophagia(painful swallowing), fever etc
- Pharyngitis - inflammation of the pharynx producing symptoms more or less similar to tonsilitis
- Otitis media - middle ear inflammation