Sanitation is a term for the hygienic disposal or recycling of waste materialss, particularly human excrement. Sanitation is an important public health measure which is essential for the prevention of disease.
- This is a pathetic stub article -- much more needs to be written here
- Toilets and the invention of the water closet
- sewers and sewage treatment
- the germ theory of disease (and its predecessor, the miasma theory of disease)
- Dr. John Snow and the prevention of cholera in Soho
Wiktionary definition of sanitation