Swanton is a village located in Saline County, Nebraska. As of the 2000 census, the village had a total population of 106.


\nSwanton is located at 40°22'45" North, 97°4'48" West (40.379298, -97.080011)
1. According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.5 km² (0.2 mi²). 0.5 km² (0.2 mi²) of it is land and none of it is covered by water.


\nAs of the
census of 2000, there are 106 people, 50 households, and 26 families residing in the village. The population density is 204.6/km² (532.1/mi²). There are 59 housing units at an average density of 113.9/km² (296.2/mi²). The racial makeup of the village is 100.00% White, 0.00% African American, 0.00% Native American, 0.00% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 0.00% from other races, and 0.00% from two or more races. 0.00% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race. There are 50 households out of which 18.0% have children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.0% are married couples living together, 4.0% have a female householder with no husband present, and 48.0% are non-families. 44.0% of all households are made up of individuals and 20.0% have someone living alone who is 65 years of age or older. The average household size is 2.12 and the average family size is 3.00. In the village the population is spread out with 25.5% under the age of 18, 2.8% from 18 to 24, 25.5% from 25 to 44, 27.4% from 45 to 64, and 18.9% who are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 40 years. For every 100 females there are 100.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 107.9 males. The median income for a household in the village is $21,875, and the median income for a family is $52,500. Males have a median income of $24,844 versus $19,375 for females. The per capita income for the village is $19,170. 14.6% of the population and 0.0% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 0.0% are under the age of 18 and 22.2% are 65 or older.