The town Lillehammer in the county of Oppland, Norway, has 24,796 inhabitants as of January 1, 2002.
Lillehammer was host city of the 1994 Winter Olympic Games. Alternative and pre-games tourist attractions include:
- Maihaugen, centrally located in Lillehammer, is the largest open-air museum in Norway, with 185 buildings, mostly from Lillehammer town and the Gudbrandsdalen valley.
- The S.S. Skibladner is the world's oldest paddle steamer in scheduled service, launched in 1856. Summer sailings around lake Mjøsa: Lillehammer, Moelv, Gjøvik, Hamar and Eidsvoll.
- Hafjell alpine skiing resort.
- Sjusjøen is a skiiing destination with forest and mountain terrain only 20 km away from the centre of Lillehammer.
- The Sambandets Utdanning og Kompetansesenter is a armyunit located on the camp Jørstadmoen 3-4 km north-west of Lillehammer.