A lynx is any of several medium-sized wild cats. Most are members of the genus Lynx, but there is considerable confusion about the best way to classify felids at present, and some authorities classify all lynxes as part of the genus Felis.
Lynxes have short tails, and usually a tuft of hair on the tip of the ears. They range about 5 kilos (roughly the size of a large Domestic Cat) up to about 30 kilos.
- Lynx or Eurasian Lynx, Lynx lynx or Lynx borealis
- Canadian Lynx, Lynx canadensis
- Iberian Lynx or Spanish Lynx, Lynx pardinus
- Bobcat, Lynx rufus
- Lynx web browser, a text-based web browser commonly found on Unix workstations.
- Lynx programming language
- Atari Lynx
- Lynx, a northern constellation
- Is being introduced back to Colorado (as of 2003)