A pathogen is a biological agent that can cause disease.
There are many types of Pathogens. What follows is a beta list of the known categories of pathogens
- AIDS (Human Immunodeficiency Virus /HIV)
- Herpes /HSV (Herpes simplex virus)
- Warts (papillomavirus), similar viruses are believed to contribute to cervical cancer.
- SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)
- Hepatitis (note that Hepatitis A and Hepatitis E are transmitted via the faecal-oral route)
- Hantaviruses (including the Sin Nombre virus, which causes HPS)
- Molluscum contagiosum
- subviral pathogens such as viroids and prions.